Taking A Proactive Approach With Employment And Labor Law Issues
Federal, state, and local employment and labor laws are constantly evolving, imposing significant legal obligations on businesses that can be difficult to navigate without proper resources. The employment and labor lawyers at Berenzweig Leonard understand the many challenges facing employers today, from day-to-day counseling of the various workplace requirements to complex employment litigation.
Offering Comprehensive Negotiation And Litigation Services
Our attorneys have decades of experience handling intricate employment and labor law matters, which we utilize to create an effective approach that addresses your legal concerns. We recognize that the success of your business depends on the steps you take to address employee issues. Whether you need assistance with contract design, employment negotiations, or dispute resolution, we have the skills to secure a favorable outcome.
Our employment and labor law services include:
- Discrimination and harassment defense
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act defense
- Noncompete, nonsolicitation, and confidentiality agreements
- Wrongful termination defense
- EEOC investigations
- Gender and pregnancy discrimination
- Age discrimination
- Disability discrimination
- Defending overtime violations and misclassifications under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Severance agreements
- Employee handbooks
- HR training
- Employment agreements
- Hostile work environment
- Retaliation claims
- Protection of trade secrets
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Union grievances and arbitrations
- Management defense before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Business Immigration
Our employment team works closely with our clients throughout the country to proactively prevent, defend, and resolve workplace disputes. Our team also has a successful track record of effective management representation in labor matters, serving as a strong voice for companies in union disputes. While we regularly assist our clients with implementing prudent human resource policies to minimize potential liability exposure, we understand that litigation may be inevitable. Our employment litigators have a well-regarded reputation for defending employment and labor law cases with an aggressive, yet business-savvy approach in defense of our clients.
Partner With Our Team Today
Get answers to your employment or labor law questions when you consult with our Berenzweig Leonard’s forward-thinking attorneys at our D.C. metro office. You can easily reach us via our online contact form or by calling 703-760-0402.