Senior Associate Attorney
8300 Greensboro Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
Elizabeth Payne-Maddalena is a Senior Associate Attorney at Berenzweig Leonard. She joined the firm in December of 2019, bringing five years of civil litigation and trial experience. At Berenzweig Leonard, Elizabeth uses her advocacy skills to help clients gain favorable outcomes in litigation, as well as offering advice to help protect them from potential future actions against them. Elizabeth works on a range of matters, including business litigation, employment matters, and contractual issues.
Prior to joining Berenzweig Leonard, Elizabeth worked as a personal injury attorney representing plaintiffs in Maryland and Virginia. As a personal injury attorney, Elizabeth gained a reputation for being a fierce advocate in and out of the courtroom.
Elizabeth graduated magna cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law. During law school, she served as the Manuscripts Editor for the University of Baltimore Law Forum Journal, where her comment on public utility regulations was also selected for publication. Before law school, she spent a couple of years working as in issue advocacy and grassroots affairs for a political organization in Washington, D.C. She double-majored in Psychology and Government and International Affairs at George Mason University.
Elizabeth is barred in both Maryland and Virginia state courts, as well as the U.S. Federal Courts of Maryland and the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Getting the Lights Back On: An Analysis of the Maryland Energy Service Quality and Reliability Act’s Impact on Utility Liability and Consumer Rights, 43 U. BALT. L.F. 133, 2013
- Virginia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Manuscripts Editor, University of Baltimore Law Forum Journal
- George Washington University, B.A. Psychology, B.A. Government and International Affairs, 2007
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland