McLean, Virginia 22102
Drew Smith is a Senior Associate Attorney at Berenzweig Leonard, and joined the firm in March of 2015. At the firm, Drew's practice focuses on representing professional athletes, as well as handling commercial contracts, corporate transactions and current and former business litigation matters. He also works with the firm's entertainment law practice, and helps individuals and businesses operating in the professional sports field protect their contract and intellectual property rights and helps them grow new businesses.
In addition to being admitted to both the Virginia and District of Columbia Bars, Drew is licensed by the National Football League Players Association as a Certified Contract Advisor. As a Contract Advisor, Drew represents dozens of NFL players, and negotiates contracts with all 32 NFL teams. Drew has significant experience drafting and collaborating on complex business, sports and entertainment contracts for an assortment of sports related clients located throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Berenzweig Leonard, Drew worked in the field of public finance. He represented underwriting clients in both new issue and structured financing in secondary market offerings at a boutique D.C. law firm. Drew also worked as a transactional attorney at a well-regarded Tysons Virginia business law firm. He graduated cum laude from Virginia Tech in 2004 with a B.S. in Business, and earned his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 2008.
- Represented defendant insurance agency in lawsuit brought by former employee alleging race discrimination and retaliation; motion for summary judgment granted in full on all counts dismissing entirety of case with prejudice. Faulkner v. Consolidated Insurance Center, Inc., Case No.: 24-C-21-000998 (Md. Cir. Ct. Mar. 23, 2022).
- Entertainment, Sports & Media Law
- Business Litigation
- Corporate & Technology Law
- Intellectual Property
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Virginia Tech, B.S., cum laude, Business, 2004
- District of Columbia