Employment Law Results
DISCLAIMER: CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY BERENZWEIG LEONARD.
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by former employee alleging pregnancy discrimination under Title VII; lawsuit voluntarily dismissed with prejudice by former employee shortly after responding to complaint. Fair v. ThreatConnect, Inc., Civil Action No.: 1:16-cv-00914-CMH-IDD (E. D. Va. Jan. 3, 2017).
- Represented defendant former executive in lawsuit brought by her former employer alleging breach of a non-solicitation and non-competition agreement, civil conspiracy, and other related causes of action; motion to dismiss granted with prejudice on all counts. Seneca One Finance, Inc. v. Bloshuk, Case No. RWT 16-cv-1848, — F.Supp.3d — (D. Md. Oct. 6, 2016).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by former employee alleging discrimination and retaliation under USERRA; motion for summary judgment granted and affirmed on appeal. Washington v. Coastal Int’l Sec., Civil Action No.: 14-0331-DKC, 2015 WL 4396616 (D. Md. July 16, 2015), aff’d, 633 F. App’x 186, 2016 WL 758034 (4th Cir. 2016).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by former employee alleging disability discrimination and failure to accommodate under the ADA. Mannion v. Attain, LLC, Case No. CAL 16-07507, (Md. Cir. Ct. 2016).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by an employee’s former employer claiming over $55 million dollars in damages alleging breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, violation of the Arkansas, North Carolina and Virginia Uniform Trade Secrets Acts, intentional interference with business expectancies, and unjust enrichment; motion for summary judgment granted dismissing a seven-count complaint with prejudice; this case is currently pending on appeal. Integrated Direct Marketing, LLC v. Drew May and Merkle, Inc., 129 F. Supp. 3d 336, 339 (E.D. Va. 2015).
- Represented plaintiff government contractor in lawsuit against defendant teaming members concerning claims of fraud, conversion, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract; secured a preliminary injunction enjoining the defendant teaming members from terminating the plaintiff government contractor from a joint venture and also enjoining the teaming members from soliciting and/or hiring any of plaintiff’s employees or contractors. Intercom Federal Systems Corporation v. Technical and Management Resources, et al., Case No. 2013-17672 (Va. Cir. Ct. 2014).
- Represented defendant IT company in lawsuit by former contractor alleging breach of contract, including alleged breach of various restrictive covenants; successfully defended against motion for temporary restraining order. Top5, Inc. v. Core Point Consulting, Inc., Case No. 1:13-cv-1510-JFM, (D. Md 2013).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by former contractor alleging gender and racial discrimination under Title VII; motion to dismiss granted with prejudice on all counts. Cashwell v. Attain, LLC, et, al., Civil Action No. 1:12-cv-522 (E. D. Va 2012).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by former employee alleging racial discrimination and retaliation under Title VII; motion for summary judgment granted with prejudice on all counts. White v. Ameritel Corporation, Civil Action No. 8:10-cv-00929, (D.Md. 2011).
- Represented defendant government contractor and former executive in lawsuit by former employer alleging breach of duty of loyalty and fiduciary duty, breach of contract, violation of Virginia’s Uniform Trade Secrets Act, and intentional interference with contract; successfully defended against a motion to expedite discovery with the court specifically finding that the former employer was unlikely to succeed on the merits and could not show irreparable harm. ForceX, Inc. v. Technology Fusion, LLC et al., Case No. 4:11-CV-88, 2011 WL 2560110, (E.D. Va. June 27, 2011).