Business Litigation Results
DISCLAIMER: CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY Berenzweig Leonard.
- Represented defendant in lawsuit brought by her former employer alleging breach of a non-solicitation and non-competition agreement, civil conspiracy, and other related causes of action; motion to dismiss granted with prejudice on all counts. Seneca One Finance, Inc. v. Bloshuk, Case No. RWT 16-cv-1848, — F. Supp. 3d — (D. Md. Oct. 6, 2016).
- Represented defendant financial institution in lawsuit by plaintiff alleging causes of action under various federal statutes with respect to compliance with IRS notices of levy; motion to dismiss granted with prejudice on all counts; the case is currently pending on appeal. Satterlee v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, et al.,Case No. 15-1387-ABJ, (D.D.C. July 5, 2016).
- Represented defendant executive with respect to a personal guaranty on a corporate line of credit; secured dismissal of all counts filed against executive client. SunTrust Bank v. Advanced Business Concepts, Inc. et al. (Va. Cir. Ct. July 1, 2016).
- Represented defendant director/corporate officer in lawsuit brought by her employer alleging breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent concealment; demurrer granted without prejudice on all counts. Martin, et al. v. Frederick, et al., Case No. 16-1383 (Va. Cir. Ct., April 27, 2016).
- Represented defendant employer in lawsuit by an employee’s former employer claiming over $55 million dollars in damages alleging breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, violation of the Arkansas, North Carolina, and Virginia Uniform Trade Secrets Acts, intentional interference with business expectancies, and unjust enrichment; motion for summary judgment granted dismissing a seven-count complaint with prejudice; this case is currently pending on appeal. Integrated Direct Marketing, LLC v. Drew May and Merkle, Inc., 129 F. Supp. 3d 336, 339 (E.D. Va. 2015).
- Represented plaintiff in corporate embezzlement case; obtained judgment for plaintiff including award of attorneys’ fees and successfully defended judgment on appeal. Maia Institute Holding, Inc. v. Ferreira (Va. Gen. Dist. Ct. Mar. 23, 2015, aff’d Cir. Ct. July 9, 2015).
- Represented plaintiff government contractor in lawsuit against defendant teaming members bringing claims of fraud, conversion, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract; secured preliminary injunction enjoining defendant teaming members from terminating plaintiff government contractor from a joint venture and also enjoining the teaming members from soliciting and/or hiring any of plaintiff’s employees or contractors. Intercom Federal Systems Corporation v. Technical and Management Resources, Inc., et al., Case No. 2013-17672 (Va. Cir. Ct., Dec. 27, 2013).
- Represented defendant IT company in lawsuit by former contractor alleging breach of contract, including alleged breach of various restrictive covenants; successfully defended against motion for temporary restraining order. Top5, Inc. v. Core Point Consulting, Inc., Case No. 1:13-cv-1510-JFM, (D. Md. 2013).
- Represented defendant government contractor and former executive in lawsuit by former employer alleging breach of duty of loyalty and fiduciary duty, breach of contract, violation of Virginia’s Uniform Trade Secrets Act, and intentional interference with contract; successfully defended against a motion to expedite discovery with the court specifically finding that the former employer was unlikely to succeed on the merits and could not show irreparable harm. ForceX, Inc. v. Technology Fusion, LLC et al., Case No. 4:11-CV-88, 2011 WL 2560110, (E.D. Va. June 27, 2011).