Government Contract Results
DISCLAIMER: CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY BERENZWEIG LEONARD.
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in GAO bid protest of General Services Administration’s award of Blanket Purchase Agreements supporting new Enterprise Data/Information Management environments; successfully defended award against multiple protest allegations. Cyberdata Techs., Inc., B-411070.3, B-411070.2, B-411070, 2015 CPD 150 (May 1, 2015).
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in bid protest by incumbent contractor of $108 million Transportation Security Administration award of a Screening Partnership Program at Kansas City International Airport before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims; successfully defended award against multiple protest allegations. FirstLine Transp. Sec., Inc. v. United States, 119 Fed. Cl. 116, (2014), appeal dismissed (2015).
- Represented contractor in breach of contract claim against the Department of Defense alleging wrongful termination for convenience of its contract to provide security services to support the Task Force for Business and Stability Operations in Iraq; successfully defended against Government’s motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment on wrongful termination claim, ultimately leading to a positive resolution of the dispute. TigerSwan, Inc. v. United States, 110 Fed. Cl. 336 (2013); TigerSwan, Inc. v. United States, 118 Fed. Cl. 447 (2014).
- Represented joint venture member in dispute regarding its wrongful termination from joint venture and the improper solicitation of its employees and contractors by teaming partner; secured preliminary injunction enjoining wrongful termination from joint venture and the improper solicitation and/or hiring of client’s employees or contractors by teaming partner. Intercom Federal Systems Corporation v. Technical and Management Resources, Inc., et al., Case No. 2013-17672 (Va. Cir. Ct. 2014).
- Represented incumbent contract awardee in bid protest of a $1.65 billion United States Marshals Services award of eleven separate contracts to provide court security officers for eleven judicial circuits before the GAO; successfully defended contract awards against multiple protest allegations. Inter-Con Sec. Sys., Inc., B-403538.9, B-403538.8, 2012 CPD 245 (Jan. 10, 2012).
- Represented multiple clients in bid protests that have resulted in positive outcomes without a written decision, such as matters in which the agency has voluntarily taken corrective action.
- Conducted internal investigation for staffing services contractor regarding alleged Service Contract Act violations and represented client’s interests with the Department of Labor.
- Conducted internal investigation for management, professional, and technology consulting services contractor relating to the Service Contract Act and advised client executive leadership regarding remedial actions.
- Represented contractor employee proposed for debarment by the Air Force based on allegations by a former co-worker that she had provided and/or concealed improper gifts and meals to government personnel; filed legal memoranda and conducted discussions with the government’s debarring office; government terminated and withdrew the proposed debarment prior to the scheduled hearing with the debarring office.
- Represented contractor employee proposed for debarment by the Air Force based on allegations by his former employer that he submitted false expense reports and mischarged labor; filed legal memoranda and met with debarring official; government terminated and withdrew the proposed debarment.