White Collar Defense Results
DISCLAIMER: CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY Berenzweig Leonard.
- The complete dismissal of export control charges brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., against a South Korean exporter, including a landmark ruling on the seizure of a laptop at customs.
- Successful defense of an international consulting firm suspected of violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in connection with a contract in Dubai; the representation concluded with no charges being filed against the consulting firm.
- Defense of a former employee of the Blackwater consulting firm for alleged export control violations arising out of training provided to foreign soldiers deployed in Iraq; the representation concluded with no charges being filed against the client.
- Successful representation of a client indicted in New York state court with enterprise corruption, a class B felony; the case was resolved with a plea to a class B misdemeanor – the lowest level criminal offense in the New York state code.
- Trial victory over the SEC in the defense of a prominent financial broker in which the jury in federal court in New York found in favor of the client on all fraud charges.
- Prevailed in a sentencing hearing in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia, in which prosecutors sought to prove the client participated in a massive tax conspiracy; the court found there was no such evidence to support the government’s position and sentenced the defendant to probation, describing him as “a treasure.”
Innovative Legal Counsel For Businesses, Professionals and Creative Individuals.