Delivering Value to Owners, Creatives, and Professionals
When obstacles get in the way of your business growth, you require the assurance and stamina of a dedicated legal advocate. At Berenzweig Leonard, our attorneys are effective, innovative, and fluent in the language of business, helping owners and executives minimize their legal exposure, while taking a cost-down, revenues-up approach to your business.
Whether you are an inventor, business owner, or government contractor, our lawyers have the knowledge, experience, and insight to provide clarity, guidance, and strategic business counsel that meet your unique needs.
Offering Comprehensive Services in All Areas of Business and Corporate Law
Within our business and corporate law practice, we provide general counsel, represent clients in litigation, and aid businesses through all transactional and compliance matters. Our team is particularly adept with matters involving government agencies, and can defend your interests in the event that your employees or business become privy to an agency or criminal investigation.
We offer comprehensive services contributing to the success of your business, including:
- Helping companies and executives in the M&A space with exit planning strategies
- Conducting due diligence in connection with acquisitions
- Determining the appropriate form and state of organization
- Advising, negotiating, and closing every form of early-stage investment, from founder rounds, seed, series seed preferred, SAFE Agreements, venture capital, and strategic investments
- Negotiating and drafting corporate charters, bylaws, LLC operating agreements, corporate policies, and other organizational documents
- Drafting equity incentive plans, programs, and agreements, including stock options, restricted stock, unit appreciation rights, SARs, and phantom equity plans and agreements
- Developing and customizing reseller, value-added reseller, and other licensing and distribution agreements
- Drafting board, LLC member, and shareholder actions and resolutions
- Advising on nondisclosure, noncompete, IP Assignment, and software licensing agreements
- Drafting government contractor technology licensing agreements for presentation to the government or to other government contractors (prime or subcontractor)
- Drafting, negotiation, and closing of merger and acquisition agreements, under both government preference programs (small business, WOSB, SDVOB, etc.) and between commercial companies
- Advising clients on the application of government contracting requirements, including FAR, DFARS, and cybersecurity requirements
- Drafting buy-sell and founder withdrawal and buy-out documentation
- Negotiating stock sale, asset sale, and division spin-out transactions
- Preparing dissolution and liquidation transactions
Whether you are a start-up or an established company, you need knowledgeable and experienced legal partner to protect your interests, help you raise capital, and support you throughout your entire business life cycle.
Achieve Your Legal Goals in a Cost-Effective Manner
If you have a business need, whether you require assistance with compliance, business formation, and transactions or have a government contracting issue, our attorneys are here for you. Call our firm at 703-760-0402 to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys. You can also start the process by completing our online contact form now.