Corporate & Technology Law
Berenzweig Leonard has significant experience with all components of corporate law. From entity set-up through to exit and all significant growth, development, and changes in between, our firm provides strategic business advice and support for entrepreneurs and investors as they seek to leverage their corporate interests. We also help companies protect themselves and their sensitive data by means of proactive cybersecurity and data privacy planning.
Our transactional offerings include:
- Consult on choice of entity
- Start-up and capital raise consulting and investor coordination
- Draft operating agreements, corporate policies, and other organizational documents customized for each unique client profile
- Provide advice and consultation regarding outside investment and financing
- Draft equity incentive programs such as stock options, restricted stock or phantom equity plans
- Assist with formation and growth of new subsidiaries and business verticals
- Board and shareholder actions and resolutions
- Advise on vendor and other third-party relationships
- Assess compliance with government regulations
- Succession planning and buy-sell agreements
- Conduct due diligence in connection with acquisitions and exit planning
- Negotiate mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Division and dissolution of corporate entities.
The newest and most complex legal issues facing successful businesses revolve around data security, privacy, and cybersecurity. The average cost of data breaches is running in the millions of dollars and cybersecurity insurance premiums are growing rapidly. Companies and executives need to work with a law firm that is familiar with the myriad of rules and regulations impacting these new responsibilities.
Our technology-based advice and consultation services include:
- Data security, privacy, and cybersecurity
- Technology sales and licensing
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Government licensing issues under the FAR and DFARs
- HIPAA compliance and protections for PII and other sensitive data, such as credit card and banking information
- Responding to FTC and other administrative enforcement actions
Whether you are starting your first business or preparing for significant corporate change, you need knowledgeable and experienced counsel to protect your interests throughout the business life-cycle. In providing corporate advice, we liaise with other industry professionals and local counsel overseas, when necessary, to arrive at the most desirable outcome for you, your employees, and your investors.