Katie Lipp (Katie Aufderhaar) joined Berenzweig Leonard as an associate attorney in July of 2011, having previously worked with its government contracts group during law school. Katie has extensive government contracts and civil litigation experience. While attending law school full time, she worked for multiple federal agencies and provided assistance to the U.S. Army’s war fighter contracting and Freedom of Information Act division, the Coast Guard’s Office of Procurement Law, and the Department of Veterans Affairs’ appellate litigation division.
Before joining Berenzweig Leonard, Katie was an attorney at a well-known construction and government contracts law firm in the Washington region. Katie has represented a broad range of corporate and individual clients in local bid protest litigation, civil litigation, business law, bankruptcy law, construction/surety law and contracting matters. She continues to actively represent clients in local courts and takes a proactive approach to solving client matters in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia (J.D., 2010; Senior Notes Editor, George Mason Journal of Law, Economics and Policy, 2009-2010)
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia (B.S. Psychology, magna cum laude, 2006; Phi Kappa Phi & departmental honors 2005; 2006)
- Virginia, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2011
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2011
- Government Contracts (federal and local)
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Corporate Transactions
- Employment Law