Seth Berenzweig is a founding and managing partner of Berenzweig Leonard. Seth has developed a legal practice that is centered on covering traditional business law matters, while expanding that professional reach to represent sports, music and entertainment clients. He has extensive corporate, business and litigation experience, and regularly handles transactions, government contracts, compliance and white collar matters, as well as employment cases for businesses, executives and entrepreneurs in the Washington, D.C. region and nationally. He also represents current and former professional athletes, musicians, and on-air contributors. He has been quoted in the Washington and national media as an authoritative source, recognized in honorary lists of ‘Legal Elite’ and ‘Superlawyer’ in the Washington, D.C. region, and was previously selected as one of the Washington area’s ‘Top Lawyers’ by Washingtonian Magazine. Seth has achieved the highest ‘AV’ rating in Martindale Hubbell directory for legal ability and ethics.
Seth appears in the national and international media to discuss business, litigation, sports, compliance and white collar matters, and is a frequent guest on national television networks discussing breaking news and legal cases impacting businesses. He has commented on breaking news regarding historic settlements reached with the U.S. Justice Department, the Walmart class action case, high profile jury verdicts and cases involving professional athletes and celebrities. He has also helped cover breaking news regarding the NFL and the daily fantasy sports industry. Seth has also represented athletes and artists in the entertainment field and is a certified NFL contract agent, as well as a member of The Recording Academy and the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. He also lectures nationally on various legal issues impacting companies, executives and HR professionals.
Seth’s diverse experience includes leading a team in the multi-state judgment collection against a D.C. business and its directors accused of fraud. His work has involved cutting-edge legal issues, such as the use of computer forensic evidence seized by United States Marshalls. Seth also helps companies and contractors address white collar and criminal matters, as well as assess the constitutionality of certain government actions. He has successfully prosecuted sanctions against opposing lawyers for filing unsound cases that impede company growth. He is one of only a few attorneys in the United States to obtain a full offer of judgment from a major federal agency in employment litigation, and assists companies and management in implementing legal strategies aimed at decreasing costs and increasing revenue. He also helps companies and business interests of former professional and Olympic athletes with media contracts and business guidance.
National and International News Commentator
- Frequently appears on Fox Business News, Bloomberg Television, Fox News Channel, CNN, BBC, and DC television outlets to discuss breaking news and current issues impacting businesses and executives. Seth also frequently discusses issues involving corporate law and compliance, entertainment, sports, constitutional issues and criminal trials.
- Guest Lecturer, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business – MBA Course on Bringing Meaning and Contribution to Business (2016).
- Moderator, The Corporate Huddle – Lessons Learned From the Locker Room to the Board Room (2015).
- Panelist, National Contract Management Association (NCMA) World Congress, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.
- Panelist, National Veterans Small Business Conference, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.
- Panelist, Virginia State Bar Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course, 2016, 2015, and 2014.
- Lead various lectures and seminars in the DC Metro area to companies, executives and entrepreneurs on business law, government contracts and employment law including preparation of written course materials and program manuals.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Professional Services Council (PSC)
- Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF)
- National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences
- American Association of Independent Music (A2iM)
- National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS)