Business Law and Litigation
Effective Business Litigation
Companies, executives and human resource professionals encounter issues when conducting business that may or will lead to litigation. This raises a broad spectrum of court cases occurring from both a defensive and offensive posture, and it is critical that businesses have the agility to tackle such matters head-on to protect their interests. This must occur without the litigation becoming cost prohibitive. It is also imperative to have agile and experienced representation when facing business litigation, as well as consult with trusted legal counsel to understand how to avoid it.
Berenzweig Leonard provides cost effective representation covering the full array of business litigation. These cases include all business issues such as contracts, sub-contracts, interference with business relations, and protection of trade secrets. Human-resource-related litigation includes handling of non-compete and non-solicitation matters, business conspiracy matter, and injunctions against competitors. Berenzweig Leonard also handles all employment and labor law litigation issues.
Government Contracts Litigation
Berenzweig Leonard also covers all litigation for federal and state government contractors. Such depth of experience helps companies contain costs since they can consult with the same team regardless of whether the case involves basic employment issues or complex interpretation of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). The firm handles bid protests and related litigation before the GAO, Boards of Contract Appeals, and U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as all regional U.S. District Courts. The Firm’s experience in this area includes handling injunctions in the GAO and Court of Federal Claims for new procurements. The firm’s attorneys are intimately familiar with the unique rules and quick moving procedures contractors face in the competitive federal marketplace.
The Legal Team
The attorneys at Berenzweig Leonard have extensive experience handling the full array of business law and litigation matters in state and federal court, and are collectively licensed to handle such cases throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including all of Virginia and Maryland.
- Seth Berenzweig has taught numerous business law seminars, and has appeared in the national and international media discussing issues impacting businesses.
- Declan Leonard regularly lectures on business and employment law issues, and frequently authors articles on cutting edge legal issues for publications such as the Washington Business Journal.
- Terry O’Connor teaches government contract issues nationally, and is frequently a requested lecturer for various business organizations.
- John Polk also lectures on government contract issues regarding federal procurement and ethics.
- Stephanie Wilson has contributed to several articles explaining business issues for companies and executives.